Wednesday 9 January 2013

Visit to Weihenstephan, Freising, Germany

October, while we were on our trip to Milan, Italy, we had 6 hour stop in München. My boyfriend suggested that we would visit the worlds oldest brewery Weihnestephan in Freising. It was... intresting. We took a bus from Münich to Freising and from there we hiked to the Weihnestephan. The nature was beautiful, very movie like, yellow leaves, German mountains and so on. But the last part, the horrible stairs to the top were screeming bloody murder! Thank God we took a bus back becouse my legs were killing me. 












The history of worlds oldest Brewery starting from year 1020. That's old!


Becouse I'm not so into beer, I took a cup of hot coco and German delicate Plum Strudel. 



In Freising there is lot of bears to be seen and this goes down to 6th century. More about this subject you can read from here.

I have to admit, I got addicted to pretzels. I had to have them! Om-nom!


Unfortenately I have nothing to say about the beers, maybe the wiser half of mine would someday tell you more about the subject. ;D

Cheers, Jaana.

No comments:

Post a Comment